Zhang Badminton Scholarship Program
The Zhang Badminton Scholarship program is initiated and funded by Vicky Zhang, a proud STBA member. It aims to provide financial assistance to STBA junior players in areas such as travelling cost for attending inter/intra-state tournaments, and purchasing much needed gear, etc.
Each year, there will be 2 rounds of scholarship applications. The successful applicant will receive up to $1,000 as scholarship for each round. The 1st round will open for application in August and 2nd round in February each year.
Who should apply?
To be considered for a scholarship, you must be:
- A member/junior member of the Southern Tasmania Badminton Association,
- A maximum 17 years of age at the beginning of the current calendar year, and
- Competed in at least one state sanctioned tournament and Tasmanian Championship tournament in current calendar year.
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Financial need,
- Tournament result,
- Recognized contribution to the badminton community, and
- Additional criteria that are established by the donor e.g.
- appropriate demeanour on and off court;
- recommendation from STBA committee;
- recommendation by accredited coach.
|1st February||First round application opens|
|30th June||First round application closes|
|31st July||Announcing first round application result|
|1st August||Second round application opens|
|31st December||Second round application closes|
|31st January||Announcing second round application result|