A five week competition, commencing on Sunday the 19th of September and concluding Sunday the 17th of October.
All games will start at 7:30pm and will be timeboxed to 9:30pm.
Registrations close on the 15th of September.
– $50 entry fee per player
– Players must provide their own shuttles each week, usually 1 or 2 shuttles.
– Players must be a registered STBA member in order to play in the roster, you can sign-up for membership by following this link – cost is $10 for a 12 month membership.
What type of roster is running?
The Spring Round of the Sunday Lightning Roster Series will be a Paired Doubles Competition, capped at 48 participants.
- Upon registration, all players must nominate their partner who will form their pair to play the doubles competition with.
- From week 1, pairs are graded and placed on courts 1 – 12 in groups of eight, where each pair will play 3 doubles games.
- At the end of each night, the pair who finished in first place (based on their wins, sets taken and points) is then promoted up a court and the losing pair is demoted down a court (obviously there are no changes made to the top and bottom groups).
What are the fees for the roster?
The roster costs $50 per player ($10 per week charged in an upfront registration fee). Shuttles are available to purchase from the canteen for $3 each or $35 for a tube.
What if you need a fill-in?
You are required to find your own fill-in to play for you if you are unavailable to play on any given week. In the lightning roster, the STBA must be informed of who the fill-in is prior to games commencing on the evening, and it must be marked on the sheet for the night’s games. Fill-ins cannot be promoted, however they can still be demoted. Click here if you would like to register as a fill-in.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – ROSTER FULL