A six week competition, commencing on Sunday the 29th October and concluding Sunday the 3rd December.
All games will start at 5.30pm and will be timeboxed to 7:30pm.
Registrations close on Wednesday 26th October or when full.
– $60 entry fee per player
– Players must provide their own shuttles each week.
– Players must be a registered STBA member in order to play in the roster.
What type of roster is running?
This Sunday Lightning Roster Series will be a paired doubles Competition, capped at 20 pairs.
- Players will each do an individual registration with their partner’s name. Both players will need to register for the registration to be accepted.
- Players will play all games with their partner each week.
- From week 1, players are graded and distributed across the courts in pools of 4 pairs.
- At the end of each night, the players who finished in first place (based on their wins, sets taken and points) is then promoted up a pool and the losing player is demoted down a court (obviously there are no changes made to the top and bottom groups).
What are the fees for the roster?
The roster costs $60 per player. Shuttles are an additional cost and are available to purchase from the office.
What if you need a fill-in?
You are required to find your own fill-in to play for you if you are unavailable to play on any given week. These players can be found by posting on the Facebook STBA Players’ Group. In the lightning roster, the STBA must be informed of who the fill-in is prior to games commencing on the evening, and it must be marked on the sheet for the night’s games. Fill-ins cannot be promoted, however they can still be demoted.