– Roster from 30/05 to the week of 04/08 with finals to follow.
– Semi-finals will be on 8-9/08.
– Grand Finals on the 12/08.
– Registrations are open now – complete the form below.
– Registrations close at 11:59 pm on 16/05.
– Grading Night is on Tuesday the 17/05 from 7 pm only for new players, unless arranged prior.
– There are two offerings: one with compulsory singles, the other will be doubles only.
– There will be a maximum of 6 players per team.
– Each player will only play 3 games per night: with the offering with singles this is made up of 1x singles and 2x doubles (may include mixed), doubles only will be 3x doubles (may include mixed).
– Games will be timeboxed from 7.30 PM to 9.30 PM (make sure you arrive on time)
– $110 upfront payment upon registration (if you would prefer to pay in smaller instalments, please don’t hesitate to contact STBA staff). This fee accounts for court hire and administrative fees incurred throughout the offering.
– Teams will be required to arrange their own shuttles (as directed by the STBA, which may change from time to time). The specific arrangements for this will be left to the discretion of your team captain – some teams may request a few dollars each week, while others may ask for $20 at the start of the roster. Please bring along some money in your first week just in case
– For junior players, ‘Ticket to Play’ can be used for this roster, please send an email to [email protected] with the relevant health care card details and the Ticket to play voucher code and we will facilitate the payment.
What night would I play?
– Nights of play will be determined upon closing of registrations, depending on entry numbers. We will endeavour to keep the same nights/division as we currently have (Division 1 – Wednesday Night, Division 2 – Thursday Night, Division 3 – Monday Night, and Division 4 – Tuesday Night).
– Grading Night is on Tuesday the 17/05 from 7 pm only for new players, unless arranged prior. If you wish to discuss grading and growth opportunities, please let us know.
– All participants in the roster must be registered members of the STBA, there is a link from the home page that you can follow to register for membership, or you can pay on the first day of the roster.
– If you know you will miss more than 3 weeks of play, please nominate as a fill-in only. Teams are balanced with players available and making changes mid-roster through frequent or permanent fill-ins will unbalance the teams. This may impact your ability to participate in future offerings.
– Has the double offering reduced the games we play?
This season, regardless of whether there were two options available or not, would have been 3 games only per person (either 3x doubles or 1x single and 2x doubles). It has been tested in Division 1 and reports from the subcommittee say it works well, with matches finishing before 9.30 PM.
– Are we paying more to play?
No, the price is reflective of the time courts are used not the number of games you play. If teams could get through 5 games in 2 hours, this would be reflected in the offering. If players want to play more games, more court hire will need to be taken into account which would increase the price (which based on rough calculations from the last pennant would be $139 per player).
– What night will I play?
This will depend on the number of entries received as we have been actively moving away from grading players into divisions depending on what nights they prefer to play. We will try to have things matched up as close as possible, but will depend on entries across the two offerings.
– Can I withdraw my entry?
Yes! What we suggest is that players fill in the nomination form (and select the offering they want), in the notes section add in a comment about what day/s you can/can’t play, and NOT complete the payment section (so you don’t lose the money out of your account and we don’t have to refund you). As we get closer to the closing date, we will advise those who have entered and our members as to the likely days of play, at which stage you can decide to finalise your nomination or request to withdraw.