A five week competition, commencing on the week of the 7th of June and concluding the week of the 5th of July (last night of the round is Paired doubles on the 12th of July).
All games will start at 7:30pm and will be timeboxed to 9:30pm.
– $50 entry fee
– Players must provide their own shuttles each week, usually 1 or 2 shuttles.
– Players must be a registered STBA member in order to play in the roster, you can sign-up for membership by following this link – cost is $10 for a 12 month membership.
What night would I play?
1) Combined open doubles – lower grades played out on Monday and higher grades on Tuesday evenings; players may be required to switch nights depending on wins and losses as part of the lightning roster format.
2) Combined open singles – played out on Wednesday evenings.
3) Ladies Doubles – played out on Thursday evenings.
4) Juniors Doubles – also played out on Thursday evenings.
5) Paired Doubles – played out on a Sunday evening. Players will play with a partner of their choice for the duration of the roster. Players will record their partner’s name on this form. Entries will not be accepted until both players have completed this form. There is no limitation on who can be a player’s partner (i.e. MD or WD or XD).
Setup of Combined Doubles:
For the combined doubles, players who are borderline division 2/3, may need to be able to play on alternating nights each week due to the promotion or relegation from each side of the competition, this will only impact those moving up or down from the top and bottom pools each week (maximum of two people each week).
Each event costs $50 upfront per player and players are welcome to enter multiple events. Traditionally, each player generally needs to supply 1 or 2 shuttles each week (the exact amount will be determined by your pool at the start of each night). Shuttles are available to purchase from the canteen for $3 each or $35 for a tube.
You are required to find your own fill-in to play for you if you are unavailable to play on any given week. In the lightning roster, we must be informed of who the fill-in is prior to games commencing on the evening, and it must be marked on the sheet for the night’s games. Fill-ins cannot be promoted, however they can still be demoted. Click here to visit our fill-in list, we would recommend selecting someone of a comparative level of skill.
Registrations have now closed – if you would still like to be part of the roster you can join our fill-in list.