- A four week competition, commencing on the week of the 16th of January and concluding the week of the 6th of February (last night of the round is Ladies doubles on the 10th of February).
- Players/pairs will play 3 games per night.
- All games will start at 7:30pm and will be timeboxed* to 9:30pm.
- Registrations will close Wednesday the 13th of January or when maximum capacities are reached.
*The night’s play will conclude at 9:30pm, irrespective of scores and how many games are left to play.
- $40 entry fee per competition, per player – players can enter multiple events.
- Players must provide their own shuttles each week, usually 1 or 2 shuttles.
- Players must be a registered STBA member in order to play in the roster, you can sign-up for membership by following this link – cost is $10 for a 12 month membership.
What night would I play?
- Paired Doubles (24 pairs) – played out on a Sunday evening. Players will play with a partner of their choice for the duration of the roster. Players will record their partner’s name on this form. Entries will not be accepted until both players have completed this form. There is no limitation on who can be a player’s partner (i.e. MD or WD or XD).
- Combined open doubles (96 players) – lower grades played out on Monday and higher grades on Tuesday evenings; players may be required to switch nights depending on wins and losses as part of the lightning roster format (only affects one player per round).
- Combined open singles (32 players) – played out on Wednesday evenings.
- Ladies Doubles (48 players) – played out on Thursday evenings.
You are required to find your own fill-in to play for you if you are unavailable to play on any given week. In the lightning roster, we must be informed of who the fill-in is prior to games commencing on the evening, and it must be marked on the sheet for the night’s games. Fill-ins cannot be promoted, however they can still be demoted. Click here to visit our fill-in list, we would recommend selecting someone of a comparative level of skill.